Essential Questions: What impacts do humans have on Earth in terms of water quality and changing the flow of water as it relates to Biscayne Bay? How are specific geologic processes and features expressed in watersheds in Florida and elsewhere? How can hydrology influence the physical character of a place and affect an ecosystem?
Objectives: By the end of this lesson, students will be able to:
- Identify the impacts humans have on Earth in terms of water quality and changing the flow of water as it relates to Biscayne Bay
- Use a choropleth or other map to geographically represent current information about watersheds and issues of conservation near Biscayne Bay
- Analyze how specific geologic processes and features are expressed in watersheds in Florida and elsewhere
- Use geographic terms and tools to explain how hydrology influences the physical character of Biscayne Bay
- Analyze case studies to predict how changing an environmental factor can affect Biscayne Bay and other ecosystems